Our mission is to promote positive youth development, and strengthen and support families to enable children to actualize their full potential to become productive community members.
Emergency Youth Shelter Care
When kids need a place to go, The Bridge is there to provide respite care in its two emergency shelter facilities. We serve more than 700 children each year.
The emergency shelters offer:
- A safe haven for eligible kids, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Formal on-site education program with certified Miami-Dade County Public School teachers
- Structured daily living programs employing positive behavior modification techniques
- Mental health counseling
- Life skills groups to promote responsibility and independence
- Substance abuse prevention services
- Family reunification services and case management
- Activities such as arts, crafts and music, to promote positive youth development
- Health care coordination services to insure access to medical treatment
Non-Residential Family Crisis Intervention Counseling
When tensions mount and problems seem overwhelming, The Bridge's "First Stop for Families" program is here to assist. The program is designed to:
- Assist families in opening lines of communication
- Teach families effective conflict resolution skills
- Reduce high risk antisocial behaviors
- Link families with needed community resources
- Teach effective parenting skills
Truancy Diversion Services
Formal education is essential to the future of our community's children. When the Miami-Dade County Public Schools has exhausted its range of outreach activities, The Miami Bridge is there to re-engage troubled and/or truant kids. Miami Bridge has developed inventive strategies for assisting students in overcoming the obstacles that can interfere with school attendance and negatively impact personal development.